New Compact Horizontal Packaged Geothermal System Fits Small Footprint Locations
A new compact horizontal geothermal/water source heat pump is designed for a small footprint in retrofit and new applications.
Enertech just launched the all-new two-stage Compact Horizontal Packaged model. It's built for drop-in installation, with a small footprint and enhanced serviceability features that make it an ideal solution for retrofit applications or new construction. The compact size allows easier installation where space is limited. The Compact Horizontal Packaged system is available in two through six-ton models.
The ZT models provide the industry with a high strength galvanized steel cabinet and higher efficiencies. The all-aluminum microchannel air coil and brazed plate heat exchanger (BPHX) allow for reduced refrigerant charge and increased efficiency. The braze plate heat exchangers are built with asymmetrical passages to reduce fouling. Both the flow switch and sensor have freeze protection to assure reliable, continuous operation.
Additionally, the smaller cabinet size provides easier installation in conventional 24” O.C. truss framed buildings, and the lower weight reduces the structural building load requirements.
Enertech’s Compact Horizontal Packaged system is also one of the quietest units on the market. It features elastomeric compressor vibration absorption pads that reduce sound and prevent vibration from transferring to the unit cabinet. UL GREENGUARD Gold Certified high-density closed-cell foam cabinet insulation also absorbs sound, while eliminating the potentially harmful contaminants caused by traditional fiberglass insulation.
By incorporating many of the improvements introduced to the product line over the past few years, Enertech has designed a unit that is easy to install and service. The ZT features an easy access, pin-hinged control box that swings opens or can be lifted and easily removed for internal component maintenance or for service work in the control box itself. Also, an airtight blower section allows refrigerant and electrical service work to be performed while the unit is operational. This maintains accurate ECM blower operation and aids unit set-up or maintenance. The cabinet panels are also removable for easy component access, and the corner posts have an all-new design that improves access to internal components without sacrificing cabinet strength.
Other standard features include:
- ZT models are field convertible for side or end supply air discharge with right or left hand return air
- All-aluminum microchannel air coil improves efficiency
- Sensor-and-flow-switch-protected, foam-enclosed brazed plate heat exchanger reduces weight and refrigerant charge, while increasing performance
- Compact size allows easier installation in conventional 24” O.C. truss framed buildings
- Double mount compressor system featuring elastomeric compressor vibration absorption pads and rubber grommets provides superior sound and vibration insulation
- All models feature 1” source side FPT fittings
- High density, UL GREENGUARD Gold Certified, closed cell foam insulation protects against mold and improves sound absorption
- Enhanced shock loop refrigerant piping design reduces vibration
- Meets ENERGY STAR® requirements and qualifies for US federal tax credits.
GeoComfort, Hydron Module and TETCO brand models are available in both residential and commercial voltages to fit most any application. Production is taking place at Enertech’s state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Mitchell, S.D.
Companies: Enertech Global, LLC