Fox Blocks collects nine awards for ICF projects
Fox Blocks, a leader in the insulated concrete forms industry, received nine top awards for innovation and efficiency at the recent 2017 International ICF Builder Awards in Las Vegas.
“The variety and scale of projects being built with ICFs is truly astounding,” said Clark Ricks, executive director of ICF Builder Group and organizer of the competition. “It’s time these outstanding projects received recognition, and we feel privileged to take a leading role in that. These projects truly represent the best of the best.”
More than 300 professionals attended this year’s award ceremony, held in conjunction with the World of Concrete Tradeshow, according to a press release.
Fox Blocks garnered five “Best in Show” awards for outstanding breakthroughs in the use of ICFs in the following categories: hospitality, light commercial, development, multifamily and small residential.
- Holiday Inn Express, Louisville, KY - Best In Show Hospitality
- Coca-Cola Pavilion, Lake Buena Vista, FL - Best In Show Light Commercial
- The Village at Mountain Shadows, Paradise Valley, AZ - Best In Show Development
- Graymoor Friary, Garrison, NY - Best In Show Multifamily
- Howells Residence, Fountain Hills, AZ - Best In Show Small Residential
Fox Blocks received four first runner-up awards for major accomplishments advancing the use of ICFs in the heavy commercial, education, multifamily and large residential categories. Those were:
- San Francisco de Asis Church, Flagstaff, AZ - first runner-up Heavy Commercial
- West High School, West, TX – first runner-up Education
- Frost Street Apartments, Brooklyn, NY– first runner-up Multifamily
- Kuebitz Residence, Poway, CA – first runner-up Large Residential
Key factors considered in being chosen for these awards were affordability, energy efficiency, complexity of design, striking architecture and the challenges the construction team faced and overcame during the build – setting a new standard for the ICF industry, the press release said.
Without the cooperation of a wide array of team players, the wins could not be achieved, Fox Blocks representatives said.
Topics: Architectural Firms, Associations / Organizations, Building Owners and Managers, Certifications, Construction Firms, Consulting - Green & Sustainable Strategies and Solutions, Energy Saving Products, Environmental Firms, Exteriors, Great Commercial Buildings, Healthy & Comfortable Buildings, Hospitality, Insulated Concrete Forms (ICF), Insulation, Multifamily / Multiunit Residential, Office Buildings, Sound and Accoustical Solutions, Sustainable Communities, Sustainable Trends and Statistics, Technology, Thermal Envelope - Building Envelope, Wall Systems / Curtain Walls
Companies: Fox Blocks